A History of Autumn Ridge Church
On June 17, 1857, six Baptist friends recently arrived from the East assembled in the old log schoolhouse and made a resolution to organize the first church in, what was to become, Olmsted County, Minnesota. First Baptist Church was formed on August 22 with thirteen members.
The first church building was occupied a year later. The second building, dedicated in 1870, was destroyed by fire in 1912. The third building was built in 1913 and dedicated in 1914, and a large JESUS SAVES was added in 1941. The church moved to a fourth location in 1969. In 1980 the fifth building was completed on 16th Street SW.
In 2005 the church voted to change its name to Autumn Ridge Church, and the sixth building was dedicated the same year. The congregation began meeting at its new location on Sunday, December 18, 2005 as Autumn Ridge Church.